Florence...
Ok, I'm a bad blogger, let me start off in Florence, we arrived in the morning, took a group photo with the city in the backhground and then we all got dropped off for our free day of site seeing. It was pouring rain and my roommate Anna told me it was going to be hot, so guess what I was wearing, flip flops and capri slacks... yeah... So I nearly froze my bottom off, but once again I got some cool pictures. We stopped off and Leonardo's Italian leather and watched a leather demonstration, then I went to the jewelery store and bought and Italian puzzle ring. The story behind the ring is, that that Italian men use to give them to their wives while they were away cause if you take the ring off, it falls into 4 pieces and its REALLY complicated to put back together. Seriously, I had to take a few lessons to learn how to put it back together and I still can't really do it. Thenuska what am I going to do without you?! So after getting lost and we stopped for some gelato and ate at a really good restaurant.... After finding the museum where they house the statue of David, the line was 3 hours long! I told my roommate Anna I would go back to the bus and take it back to the hotel so we could have our luggage. If I would have stayed with her at the museum our stuff would have been on the bus and that would have been bad. So after I dropped her off I took off going the wrong direction! Yeah, thats me, I get lost going around the block. I walked about 30 minutes in the wrong direction, in the thundering rain, then I had to walk 30 minutes back, I saw Anna again, she was like WTF? Then I headed off for the bus. Dritto, dritto, dritto e sinistra! Yeah, good thing I read my Italian book on directions cause that translates to straight, straight, straight and then right. So, after being totally pooped, in the pouring rain, I stopped off for an espresso, then carried on. Finally got back to the bus, freezing and shivering. I told Paul I was never so happy to see him in my whole life... Once I got back to my cabin I met up with Thenushka and we grabbed a bite to eat and a bottle of wine (my 2nd drunk night) got a lesson in puzzle rings from some hot boy at the front desk and wrote a few post cards. We were really worried about Anna, it was already 8 pm and the statue closed at 6 and we had no idea where she was.... We asked if we should call the police, but the Italian police are totally useless... Finally Anna showed up around 10 pm and we rejoiced and then I passed out and went to sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home